Bowl America Shirley
6450 Edsall Road
Alexandria, VA 22312
- 40 synthetic lanes
- food, beer & wine service
- Pro Shop and ATM on premises
The Westin Alexandria
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314
- We were able to add some rooms to our hotel block for $129/night (still a great deal!). Just call Joji Gamble at The Westin at 703-253-8626 to make your reservations.
- Mention CHIT 2017 Bowling Tournament to receive the special rate
- If The Westin is sold out, try these nearby hotels:
The Westin Alexandria blends sophistication and elegance with the historic surroundings of Alexandria, VA. Located in the exclusive Carlyle section of Old Town Alexandria, the hotel is an oasis of personal, instinctive, and renewing comfort. The hotel is situated 3 miles from the host bowling center, three blocks from the King Street Metro (subway) and Alexandria Amtrak stations, five miles from Ronald Reagan National Airport, and eight miles from downtown Washington, DC. It is ideally situated for your visit to the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- Refrigerator Available (Charge)
- Club Level Room
- Handicap Accessible Room
- High Speed Internet Access by Request (Charge)
- Westin Heavenly Dog Bed Available (pets under 30 lbs. welcome for a fee)
- Mini Bar
- The Heavenly Shower/Bath
- Video Check-Out
- The Heavenly Bed
- Coffee and Tea Maker
- In-Room Movies
- 24-Hour Room Service
- In-Room Safe
- Accessible Shower and/or Bath
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Connecting Rooms Available
- 100% Non-Smoking Guestrooms
- Wireless High Speed Internet Access in all rooms (charge)
$24/day (usually $30)
CHIT is proud to support the following local charities, donating a portion of proceeds to their worthwhile causes.
Team DC Scholarship Program
The Team DC Student-Athlete Scholarship is awarded to a self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) student-athlete who has made a contribution to the sport(s) he or she is a part of and, as a result of his or her contributions and involvement, has enhanced the perception of the LGBT community.
Awards are made to graduating high school seniors in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area who will be attending a fully accredited two or four year college/university. Candidates should demonstrate dedication to both academic and athletic excellence, as well as show promise of serving as a positive role model as a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender individual. Learn more.
Food & Friends
The mission of Food & Friends is to foster a community caring for men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-challenging illnesses by preparing and delivering specialized meals and groceries in conjunction with nutrition counseling.
Founded in 1988, Food & Friends began in the basement of the Westminster Presbyterian Church with 20 volunteers enlisted to deliver 15 meals/day serving a total of 1,800 meals to 60 clients. Since its inception, it has moved from the cramped church basement to its own state-of-the-art kitchen and pantry facility and initiated new programs to meet the changing needs of people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-challenging illnesses in the Washington, DC metropolitan community. Learn more.